IAACD COVID-19 Taskforce: Flash News update on Surveys
Global COVID-19 Childhood Disability Data Coordination
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to spread around the world. The Global COVID-19 Childhood Disability Data Coordination initiative is currently collecting information about ongoing and completed surveys addressing the impact of COVID-19.
We are seeking to answer:
What is the short-/medium-/long-term global impact of the COVID-19 crisis on physical health, mental health, participation, education, service provision, and financial status of children and adults with disabilities and their families?
Key findings today:
- We have identified 32 surveys addressing the impact of COVID-19 on children and adults with disabilities and their families
- 15 out of 32 surveys are completed, there are 17 surveys that are actively seeking participants
- Global representation: the majority of the surveys come from the South American region (n=11). followed by the Western Pacific Region (n=7). The least represented regions are the South East Asian (n=1) and Eastern-Mediterranean (n=0).
- 17 out of 32 surveys were developed in collaboration with people with disabilities
- Although surveys address a variety of topics, the most frequently covered themes are:
- Impact of COVID-19 on mental health of children and families
- Satisfaction and experiences with tele-services and remote support
- Facilitators and barriers providing tele-consultation and/or tele-intervention
- Most surveys capture professionals’ perspective on remote service provision.
- Few surveys address a global audience.
You can find more information about the surveys here: https://iaacd.net/iaacd-covid-19-task-force/global-covid-19-childhood-disability-data-coordination/
If you want to add your survey to our growing list, please complete the form here https://iaacd.net/iaacd-covid-19-task-force/global-covid-19-childhood-disability-data-coordination/surveys-subgroup-2/
IAACD COVID-19 TASKFORCE – SURVEYS SUBGROUP
Prepared by Verónica Schiariti MD MHSc PhD, University of Victoria, BC, Canada (Group leader)