Become a member
The AusACPDM welcomes membership from professionals working in the field of childhood disability and people with lived experience of childhood disability. Benefits of Academy membership include:
- Discounted registration for the biennial AusACPDM conference
- Discounted registration for other professional development events supported by the AusACPDM
- Unrestricted access to the member-only part of the AusACPDM website which includes educational material and podcasts
- Opportunity to join committees that undertake many of the Academy’s activities: a chance to work with a range of people including leaders in the field of childhood disability. Committee members also contribute to the development of the International Alliance of Academies for Childhood Disability (IAACD) and build working relationships with colleagues around the world.
- Receive a quarterly e-newsletter with Academy updates, research findings and opportunities
- A great way to share your research with other members of the Academy and find research participants
The Ordinary Membership category is open to:
- Persons working in a defined Speciality* with a minimum of a Bachelors’ degree in a relevant health science or related field;
- Students who are currently enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate course in a Specialty and can provide documentation to demonstrate their admission and status in the course (eligible for reduced fee);
- People with a lived experience of childhood disability; people with disability, families or carers (eligible for reduced fee).
Full Fee: AUD$99.00 for 12 months including GST.
Reduced Fee: AUD$50 for 12 months including GST. Requires demonstrated evidence of enrolment in course OR statement outlining lived experience of disability.
Term of membership: 12 months.
Eligibility: Persons shall be eligible for Membership of the Academy as Honorary Members if they have been recognised for special accomplishment, contribution to, or pre-eminence, in work or study in a Specialty or otherwise related to the study or knowledge of a Field. Honorary memberships can be awarded at the Board’s discretion for specific activities or time periods. Honorary membership cannot be transferred.
Term of membership: minimum of 1 year to an initial maximum period of 3 years. Membership may be renewed.
Eligible: Persons shall be eligible for Lifetime Membership if they have been recognised for special accomplishment, contribution to, or pre-eminence, in support of the Academy’s activities. Lifetime membership can be awarded at the Board’s discretion to members who have made considerable and extensive contributions to the ongoing development of the Academy. Lifetime memberships are awarded at the Conference.
Privileges: Recipients will receive continuous membership for the duration of their life. Lifetime membership cannot be transferred.
Term of membership: Ongoing for life.
Need a hand with your renewal?
If you are already a member of the AusACPDM, or have been in the past, you can login to the member portal by entering your email address and resetting the password. If you have any issues please contact firstname.lastname@example.org