Prechtl’s General Movements – Basic, Advanced, and Refresher Courses, QLD, Australia, 2020
Did you know you can detect children at high risk of cerebral palsy in the first few months of life?
The Basic Course provides an introduction into Prechtl’s Method on the Qualitative Assessment of General Movements in young infants. This new assessment method has shown its merit for the prenatal and postnatal evaluation of the integrity of the nervous system. Compelling evidence is now available that qualitative assessment of General Movements (GMs) at a very early age is the best predictor for cerebral palsy. This method has become a potent supplement to the traditional kind of neurological examination.
The Advanced Course will provide an additional intensive training in correct judgement. This training will deal with the details of the assessment, the proper terminology and technique as well as with the application of individual developmental trajectories.
Who should attend?
Medical specialists, neonatologists, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, registered nurses and other professionals in the field of infant neurology. Participation in the Advanced Course is possible only for individuals who successfully passed a Basic Training Course held under the auspices of the GM-Trust. The courses fulfil the standards specified by the GM-Trust (www.general-movements-trust.info).
- Prof. Alicia Spitttle, PhD.
- A/Prof Andrea Guzzetta, MD, PhD.
- Townsville: Tuesday 25 February 1-day Refresher*; (only open to participants who have previously attended a GM course).
- Townsville: Wednesday 26 – Saturday 29 February, Basic Course
- Brisbane: Sunday 1 – Wednesday 4 March, Basic Course
- Brisbane: Sunday 1 – Wednesday 4 March, Advanced Course
Includes refreshments and lunch. Limited number of places available.
- Course fee includes refreshments, lunch, and course manual.
- One-day Refresher: $550 exc GST for Non-Qld attendees; $275 exc GST for Qld attendees**
- Full Course: $1,650 exc GST for Non-Qld attendees; $825 exc GST for Queensland Clinicians**
**Price for QLD clinicians has been discounted as a reduced fee scholarship due to major funding from the QLD State Government (Advance QLD Innovation Partnership for early detection of CP). More information about the Queensland-based clinician reduced-fee scholarship is available here, or please contact email@example.com for information on accessing the reduced fee scholarship.
Download the GMs courses QLD 2020 flyer here.
Date: 25 February - 4 March
Location: The University Of Queensland, St LuciaRegister now