Kids Plus is delighted to introduce Changemakers – a new conference which will take place at the RACV Torquay Resort, Victoria on 22-23 April 2021.
Changemakers 2021 will explore current research, clinical reasoning and provide an opportunity to share successful models of practice. Presentations will include;
- People with lived experience of disability presenting from their perspective – families and participants directly to inform change in the future direction of services and therapy,
- Insights from experienced leaders in the field, National and International, who have experienced changing practices in paediatric disability services with a vision for the future,
- Allied Health clinicians presenting about innovative programs that can be directly implemented back into clinical practice – ideas to directly change the practice landscape.
The Conference will prioritise the now and what we can and should be doing to ensure we offer the best of possibilities for those we seek to benefit. Changemakers 2021 is on over two days with delegates given the opportunity to attend in person or online.
Ideally suited for those passionate about therapy and interventions for babies, children and young people with neuro-developmental conditions, Changemakers 2021 will feature keynote presentations from international and national experts including:
- Professor Peter Rosenbaum, co-founder of CanChild Centre for Disability Research and
- Dr Margaret Mayston, Associate Professor – Neuroscience & General Physiology, Hon, Senior Lecturer at the Institute of Child Health;
- Professor Angela Drew, Associate Professor, Disability and Inclusion at Deakin University and
- Professor Christine Imms, Apex Australia Chair of Neurodevelopment & Disability, Department of Paediatrics – University of Melbourne;
along with workshops from leading therapists, clinicians, researchers and those with lived experience of disability.
Registration to attend the Changemakers conference is now open. Registration is for the entire two-day event.
Morning tea, Lunch and afternoon tea provided.
On the day you have access to all keynote presentations and a choice out of two simultaneous workshops.
Not only will you be able to attend in person and network with the speakers and other like-minded professionals you have the ability to access all presentations online.
More information is available at www.kidsplus.org.au/conference
Kelly Reynolds, General Manager Strategy and Development
Kids Plus Foundation 04000 833 56
Date: 22 April - 23 April
Location: Online and in person - RACV Torquay Resort, VictoriaRegister now