EACD Europe 2021 – Call for Abstracts
People with childhood-onset disabilities and their families are living in challenging times. COVID-19 has hit our European society very hard and will keep our health care and economy for a long time in a stranglehold. Budgetary deficits are raging and savings are likely on the way. By taking a truly European perspective, EACD Europe 2021 has the ideal timing for EACD to conduct the discussion with local and European stakeholders on how to keep health service for people with childhood-onset disabilities affordable with acceptable quality and to place the most urgent challenges on the European agenda.
Under the meeting theme ‘Childhood Disability in a Changing World’, we will look back on the direct and indirect effects of COVID-19 on the area of childhood disability, from the use of remote consultation methods and tele-medicine up to the mental health impact. But also look forward to the newest trends in rehabilitation and care and the latest development in technology and innovation.
We as EACD believe that an online, innovative, proactive, and cross-border approach is required for 2021 to bring people together and ensure the exchange of the latest scientific knowledge about childhood-onset disabilities across Europe in the new reality of today. And we are dedicated to bring you in 2021 a truly virtual EACD meeting, unique in its format and set-up. EACD Europe 2021 will consist of four thematic days over the period May – June 2020. The developments for EACD Europe 2021 are in full swing, and more information and details will be announced soon.
Submit your abstracts now!
The EACD 2021 Scientific Committee invites you to submit your abstracts for an oral communication and/or e-poster presentation until January 31st, 2021, 23:59 Central European Time (CET).
- 1 December 2020: Opening Call for Abstracts
- 31 January 2021: Abstract Submission deadline
- 15 March 2021: Notification to submitting authors
- 1 April 2021: Registration deadline presenting authors
Good reasons to submit your abstract:
- Be part of the leading multi- and interdisciplinary scientific congress in Europe about childhood disabilities.
- Earn international recognition for the work you do
- Get your abstract published in the special issue of Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology on the 33rd EACD Annual Meeting
- Boost your career while participating in the Mac Keith Press Best Abstract Award and/or EACD Early Career Researcher Award
- Receive the feedback that helps you progress
- Make the connections you need
Registration for EACD Europe 2021 is now open!
Registration for EACD Europe 2021 is now open. There are two types of registration possible: individual or group registrations. Please visit the website to check out our low registration fees for the virtual EACD Europe 2021 meeting, and to find out more on the registration instructions. Register before April 1st, 2021 in order to benefit from the reduced early bird registration fees!
Programme – Thematic days:
20 May 2021: Childhood Disability in the Era of COVID-19
27 May 2021: Care, Research and Innovation, the new Landscape of User-professional Partnership
3 June 2021: Global Partnerships: Opportunities and Challenges
10 June 2021: The Future of Childhood Disability