The Board of Directors of the Australian Academy of Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine (AusACPDM) is committed to making the Biennial Conference accessible to persons from resource poor communities or workplaces, or where attendance at the conference would not be possible without additional funding support.
Therefore, the AusACPDM is offering Scholarships for Australasian (Australia/NZ) and International (Non-OECD countries*) attendees. A total amount of $30,000 is available for the scholarships. Funding for the scholarships is supported by AusACPDM membership fees and profits from previous conferences.
* International scholarships applications will be accepted from residents of the countries listed here.
Scholarship applications for AusACPDM 2018 will close midnight AEDT Monday 30th October 2017.
Opportunity to network with world class industry leaders and stay up to date with the latest industry products and services available. Applicants may apply to receive all or part funding for:
- Registration for the 2018 AusACPDM conference*
- Reimbursement of travel and accommodation up to a specified amount (maximum AU$1,500 for Australian and New Zealand applications and AU$3,000 for international applicants
*One complimentary pre-conference workshop is included for international scholarships awarded.
Accommodation and travel for successful applicants must be arranged through the Conference Secretariat (DC Conferences). All passport and /or visa arrangements and / or costs are the responsibility of the applicant and cannot be included in the scholarship funding.
To be eligible to receive a conference scholarship for the 2018 AusACPDM conference in Auckland, New Zealand, candidates must:
- Demonstrate proof of current AusACPDM membership
- Provide a written statement from their institution stating that other possible sources of funding have been applied for and institutional funding is not available
- Ensure the Recommendation Form is submitted by their employer, supervisor or academic instructor (download Recommendation Form below)
- Provide proof of country of residence
- Complete the self-nomination form (with signature) – nominations by other parties will not be accepted
- Not be a recipient of other AusACPDM funding e.g PhD platform scholarship, invited speaker to the 2018 conference
- Agree to have their name published as a scholarship recipient in the conference app and on the AusACPDM website
- Agree to provide a written report (300 words) within 2 months of the conference on how their attendance at the conference has assisted in improving their knowledge, skills and service delivery.
Priority is given to those applicants:
- Whose participation will help enhance their own knowledge, skills and service delivery
- Who have a sound plan for disseminating and implementing the acquired knowledge and skills with colleagues in their community or country
- Whose clinical and research clients might benefit the most from the new knowledge and skills of the applicant and their colleagues.
- Nominations must be made via the official nomination form, please download the application form via the link below. Applicants are required to submit the following documents to email@example.com:
- Completed and signed application form
- Proof of current AusACPDM membership
- Statement from employer or student body confirming other sources of funding have been applied for and no institutional funding is available
- Recommendation form completed by an employer, supervisor or academic instructor
- Proof of residency in OECD country (international applicants only)
- Applications will be reviewed by AusACPDM International Affairs Portfolio, who will make a final list of recommended successful applicants to the board of the AusACPDM. Award of scholarships will be the decision of the IAC committee, taking into consideration the number and strength of applications and the available budget
- Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by no later than Wednesday 13th December 2017
- Unsuccessful applicants may still register for the conference at the Early Bird rate, up until the 29th January 2018
- The decision of the review panel is final and no further discussions will be entered into.
International Affairs Luncheon
All scholarship recipients are invited to attend the International Affairs luncheon, whereby three of the scholarship winners will be invited by the committee to speak.
Please contact the Conference Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org