SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
The Board of Directors of the Australasian Academy of Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine is committed to making the Biennial Conference accessible to persons from low resource communities or workplaces, or where attendance at the conference would not be possible without additional funding support.
The AusACPDM offers two separate streams of Scholarships:
- Australasian (Australia/NZ) attendees, and
- International (Non-OECD countries*) attendees.
* International scholarships applications will be accepted from residents of the countries listed here.
Scholarship Applications Open – 15 August 2019
Scholarship Applications Close – 31 October 2019
Notification of Successful Applicants – 30 November 2019
The scholarship gives you the opportunity to network with world class industry leaders and stay up to date with the latest clinical care, research and evidence based practice.
Applicants may apply to receive all or part funding for:
Full Registration for the 2020 AusACPDM conference, including one pre-conference workshop
Reimbursement of travel and accommodation up to a specified amount
Attendance at the International Affairs Luncheon
International Affairs Luncheon
All scholarship recipients are invited to attend the International Affairs luncheon.
Five of the scholarship winners will be invited by the committee to speak at the international affairs lunch.
To be eligible to receive a conference scholarship, candidates must:
- Demonstrate proof of current AusACPDM membership
- Provide a written statement from their institution stating that other possible sources of funding have been applied for and institutional funding is not available
- Ensure the Recommendation Form is submitted by their employer, supervisor or academic instructor (download Recommendation Form here).
- Provide proof of country of residence
- Provide a recent photo with the application to assist with mentor recognition
- Complete the self-application form (with signature) – nominations by other parties will not be accepted (download the Application Form here).
- Not be a recipient of other AusACPDM funding e.g PhD platform scholarship, invited speaker to the Conference
- Agree to have their name published as a scholarship recipient in the conference app and on the AusACPDM website
- Agree to provide a written report (300 words) within 2 months of the conference on how their attendance at the conference has assisted in improving their knowledge, skills and service delivery. NB: Previous successful applicants cannot apply for further scholarship funding for the next 2 conferences (ie 4 years).
Priority is given to those applicants:
- Whose participation will help enhance their own knowledge, skills and service delivery;
- Who have a sound plan for disseminating and implementing the acquired knowledge and skills with colleagues in their community or country;
- Whose clinical and research clients might benefit the most from the new knowledge and skills of the applicant and their colleagues.
Congratulations to the 2018 Scholarship Winners:
- Caroline Alexander
- Natasha Bear
- Mercedes Brunner
- Tara Fitzgerald
- Mohammad Karim
- Gopi Kitnasamy
- Francis Laryea
- Thilini Madushika
- Clare McKinnon
- Katarina Ostojic
- Sarah Reedman
- Buddhika Senevirathne
- Rachel Toovey
- Nienke Veerbeek