AusACPDM: 9th Biennial Scientific Conference
Empowerment and Partnership
21-24 March 2018, Auckland
What a program!
The theme for the 2018 conference was Empowerment and Partnership and demonstrated the partnerships that make strong, well-informed, empowered clinicians. It also aimed to make new partnerships and to empower developing nations.
The program ran for 3.5 days including:
- 6 pre-conference workshops,
- 15 Concurrent breakfast sessions,
- 18 Concurrent workshops,
- 5 Plenary sessions,
- 2 Symposia sessions,
- 2 PhD Platform Presentations,
- 125 Free paper sessions and
- The AusACPDM 2018 AGM
It was our biggest ever attendance with over 550 registrations from Australia, New Zealand and all over the world including Asia, USA, UK, Europe, Africa and South America.
We would sincerely like to thank all our Sponsors for their support.
The conference also incorporated an industry exhibition with 12 exhibition booths, which were a hive of activity during session breaks. We would also like to thank our Exhibitors
Congratulations to our 2018 Scholarship and Award Winners
- Caroline Alexander
- Natasha Bear
- Mercedes Brunner
- Tara Fitzgerald
- Mohammad Karim
- Gopi Kitnasamy
- Francis Laryea
- Thilini Madushika
- Clare McKinnon
- Katarina Ostojic
- Sarah Reedman
- Buddhika Senevirathne
- Rachel Toovey
- Nienke Veerbeek
- CP Alliance Prevention and Cure: Anna Mackey
- Local Hero: Jordan Milroy
- PhD Platform Awards: Hayley Smithers-Sheedy and Claire Willis
- Transformative Practice: Susan Stott
- Person with a Disability Fellowship: Amy Hogan
- Promising Career: Joanne George
- Best Paper: Rachel Toovey
- Best Poster: Anna Chilosi
The social calendar was certainly full and enjoyed by all. These included:
- Welcome Reception
- Meet the Keynotes Dinner
- International Affairs Lunch
- Conference Dinner
Thank you to the AusACPDM board and the Organising Committee
We would like to thank the Conference organising committee for their work towards the conference.
- Convener: Dr Kathryn Edward Starship Children’s Health, NZ
- Dr James Rice Women’s and Children’s Hospital, SA
- Dr Sarah Love Princess Margaret Hospital, WA
- Professor Susan Stott Starship Children’s Health, NZ
- Dr Cathy Morgan Cerebral Palsy Alliance, NSW
- Ms Cris Barker Waitemata District Health Board, NZ
- Ms Gaela Kilgour Canterbury District Health Board, NZ
- Ms Tessa Devries AusACPDM Secretariat
- Ms Lauren Gadd DC Conferences
A huge thank you also to our AusACPDM board and committee members for all their work towards the Academy.
A final word
A special thank you to retiring Board members; Adam Scheinberg, Jill Rodda, Robyn Sheppard & Cathy Morgan, for your contributions to and guidance of the Academy for many years, and congratulations to Kirsty Stewart, Sarah McIntyre, and Simon Paget on their election to the Board.
Thank YOU to everyone for your post conference feedback. The AusACPDM board and conference committee are always working towards improving and developing our conferences (and we are already working towards Perth 2020)!
We hope to see you there