Better Together 2022 Conference Abstract submissions now open!
The Scientific Committee invites you to submit abstracts now for scientific free papers, posters, instructional courses, breakfast seminars, PhD platforms and other presentation types. We encourage multi-centre, multi-country submissions from both high and low resource settings. This will be a hybrid conference and presenters can plan to attend in person or virtually. We welcome in-person, virtual and hybrid presentations. This does not need to be specified at the time of your submission.
To accommodate a hybrid conference format, all presenters are asked to consider how best to engage with both virtual and in-person attendees within their sessions to ensure an effective learning opportunity is provided. This is particularly important for breakfast seminars and instructional courses.
The deadline for submission is: 23:59 (AEST) 30th April 2021.
Submissions for free papers, posters, instructional courses, breakfast seminars and PhD Platforms are welcomed over a wide range of conditions and themes including:
- Acquired brain injury
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Cerebral palsy
- Cerebral visual impairment
- Chromosomal disorders
- Neonatal Brachial Plexus palsy
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Spinal Bifida
- Spinal cord injury and disease
- Adults and transitional care
- Aetiology, epidemiology and causal mechanisms
- Care in lower resource settings
- Clinical practice guidelines, care pathways
- Cognitive rehabilitation
- Communication and assistive devices
- Consumer engagement, social policy and service delivery
- Disability management during a pandemic / disaster
- Early detection, neonatal care and early interventions
- Family/caregiver health and wellbeing
- Indigenous and First Nations people and disability
- Intensive motor interventions
- Knowledge translation and implementation
- Living and planning for pandemics and disasters
- Mental health and wellbeing
- Movement disorders and hypertonia/hypotonia management
- Neuroscience and neuroimaging
- New technologies, innovations and robotics
- Nutrition, diet, feeding and oropharyngeal dysphagia
- Orthopaedics, muscle and bone health
- Physical activity, fitness and sports/leisure
- Physical rehabilitation/habilitation
- Preclinical studies, neuroprotection, prevention & neural repair
The Scientific Program Committee determines the presentation format of scientific presentations after review and selection. In order to make fair comparisons of the quality of submitted abstracts across a wide spectrum of disciplines, it is imperative that the format of a structured abstract be followed. A strict 400 word count, will be imposed on the length of the body of the abstract.
The presentation types available are, also linked to their individual templates with specific guidelines:
- Free papers
- Scientific/demonstration posters
- Case study/clinical observation posters
- Breakfast seminars
- Instructional courses/workshops
- PhD platforms
The Better Together 2022 Committee has also put together some useful ‘tips and tricks’ to assist you with planning your abstract submission, please visit the webpage to find out more.
If you have questions regarding submitting an abstract, please contact the Better Together Conference Secretariat – firstname.lastname@example.org